Pineapple Tart Pies

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Recently I've tried to experiment with making my own pineapple jam in preparation for CNY 2010. The result of my first try wasn't good enough as the consistency was a bit wetter than normal. I should have fried the jam for a longer period of time though I've already been standing in front of the stove and stirring for a whole 2 hours (shouldn't complain cos I've known someone who stands 5 hrs in front of the stove stirring for a whole lot of 8 pineapples!)!! This cause the jam to be soft even after putting in the fridge for a whole week thus causing great difficulties whilst encasing the pineapple jam into the tart dough. So in order not to waste the tart dough, I've come up with a new version of Pineapple Tart Pie! Of course, taste-wise, it's the same as the normal pineapple tarts but this comes in a bigger version of a PIE! The soft and moist pineapple jam was a complete addiction!




0 comments: