Pineapple Tarts

Sunday, November 23, 2008

I love Pineapple Tarts very much. It was the only thing that I look forward to during Chinese New Year and I would definitely give each house's Pineapple Tarts a try whilst house-visiting during that period.


After my house got itself a new standalone oven this year, then I began searching for my favourite tart recipes. This batch of Pineapple Tarts wasn't my first try, however, it was a new recipe that entice me to try it out. (According to my aunty, this is a melt-in-mouth recipe).

Yap. After trying it this afternoon, I fully agreed with her. Simply delicious.... Although my tarts do not quite make it to the looks category, nevertheless, it still taste simply gorgeous!

(Recipe Adapted from my Aunty's Friend - Jennifer)

Ingredients:
  • 500g Butter
  • 1 tbsp Vanilla Essence
  • 100g Caster Sugar
  • 100g Milk Powder (Full Cream)
  • 2 Egg Yolks
  • 1 Egg White
  • 700g Plain Flour
  • 1 pkt of Red Man Pineapple Filling Paste

Extra Egg Yolk for Glazing

Method:

  1. Cream butter and sugar till creamy
  2. Add in egg yolks, egg white and vanilla essence and mix well
  3. Fold in flour and milk powder till fully incorporated. (This step is sure a challenging task to me as I find it difficult to fold in such large amt of flour!!)
  4. Roll dough into small round balls and Pineapple Filling into slightly smaller balls.
  5. Flatten dough and put filling into the dough and roll it into a ball.
  6. Put into small paper cups and glaze with egg yolk
  7. Bake at 170degree celsius for approx 15min or till golden brown.
  8. Cool completely before storing

Tips:

  • In order to make tarts of the same size, use measuring spoons as gauge. Use a "1 tablespoon measuring spoon" for the dough and a "1 teaspoon measuring spoon" for the filling. (Note: The tarts will be slightly on the large side.)

0 comments: