Raspberry Ice-Cream Chocolate Macarons

Sunday, January 11, 2009

I've heard lots of hype about these delicate little French desserts on the internet and how difficult it was to get these little ones to grow "feet" in the oven. Personally I've not even come close to seeing nor tasting these cute little roundies. Since I've some egg whites (3 to be exact) left over from making the Pineapple Tarts, I decided to pick up my courage to attempt baking these. And guess what, my macarons have "feet"!! Although presentation-wise, they don't look nice (due to my poor piping skill, I suppose..), they taste good! I'm not sure what the actual macarons should taste like but mine feel hard to the touch but taste crunchy and crispy although a tat too sweet. Since I've sandwiched with ice-cream, it melt very fast as in the picture and have to be consumed immediately. Nevertheless, I'm quite happy with the results.

0 comments: